COLONY • WINTER DANCE SUMMIT
we are coming back. live.
Nida, February 14-20, 2022.
we are back to re-search, re-imagine, re-think, re-treat, re-UNITE.
The annual dance intensive aims to inhabit even more creative ideas and possibilities for dance professionals therefore it became ‘Winter Dance Summit’. Inviting creative movers to gather in the middle of the natural paradise of Nida (Lithuania). Due to challenging restrictions related to COVID-19 2021 transformed into COLONY room edition, 2022 is here and we are ready to safely re-imagine, re-think, re-treat, re-UNITE live.
2021 was about finding that extra ROOM for new ideas and movement experiences to be inhabited into our mind, body, soul, and artistic carrier.
2022 is about the re-UNION with own and other body, with own and other ideas whilst researching what others have to share in the room, not on screen. Are we ready to meet!
Dance Colony is a search and the research platform for previously undiscovered movement territories and body landscapes, a chance to forge new friendships, to meet other movement professionals, to be inspired by creative thinkers and golden tips shared by the dance producers, overall to enrich oneself with a help of dance in week-long dance-away experience. Each year we look for inspiring methods to cross the border: physical, mental, linguistic, cultural, artistic, pushing boundaries, connecting and inspiring us – the people of all nationalities and creative backgrounds.
We are here to reunite our professional capacities and advance our creative souls and professional networks further. We truly believe that our Creative Minds inhabit our Intelligent Bodies.
This year’s colonizers will be safely curated towards full body and mind experience by our international movement explorers from Spain, Poland, Russia, and Lithuania. Join us for the ride.
C O L O N Y
winter dance summit
• COVID-19 free environment (participation vaccinated only);
• The ability to join the C O L O N Y for a whole WEEK (Monday-Sunday) or join for a WEEKEND (Thursday-Sunday);
• Dance workshops taught by the international dance and movement professionals;
• Creative Self-management session;
• Gaga and Movement research sessions;
• Contemporary and urban dance sessions;
• Jazz fusion and improvisation sessions;
• A Week revolving around dance, your carefully guided dance exploration in search of reunion of your body and mind. You will be able to concentrate on working on your body, mind, and professional development which we agree to call – dance. Exploring our creative capabilities and finding new comrades among the like-minded individuals attending the C O L O N Y
• Peer to Peer mental exchange session;
• Honest advice along with your career by dance professionals: choreographers, dancers, dance curators, and producers;
• Dietary specially planned and curated by a professional chef;
• Library full of inspiring readings around art and creativity.