- We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the email and/or phone number provided for us. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
- All participants participate in classes and events at their own risk, realising that they may face higher than normal physical activity, and taking responsibility for their own health.
- COLONY teachers and organisers are not responsible for participants health, physical injuries or valuables. Be careful at all times and protect others.
- Participants are determined to respect other participants, teachers and organisers, avoid conflicts and create a safe friendly space for everyone. Participants who do not agree with our Code of Conduct may be warned and asked to leave the event free of charge and will no longer be admitted to future events.
- Please wear only appropriate indoor shoes during all dance sessions.
- Participants are not allowed to record or take photos during the classes, unless the teachers permit it.
- The event will be documented. By taking part in the events participants grant us full rights to use the images resulting from the photography/video filming, and any reproductions or adaptations of the images and video for marketing, publicity or other purposes. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in printed and online publicity, social media, press releases and advertisements. If you do not wish to be photographed please inform us.
- COLONY organisers reserve the right to cancel the event at any given time. In this case we will pay 100% reimbursement.
- The passes are NOT transferable: nor to another person, neither to another year.
- If participant decides to cancel registration, part of the price to be refunded depends on the date of cancellation: TBA
- After the payment, no refunds are possible for COLONY online edition.
- For any questions regarding cancellations email us at email@example.com
CODE OF CONDUCT
Guide on Safety, Trust, Engagement, Prevention and Support
COLONY staff believes that everyone can and should enjoy dancing and creative movement. We hold in high regard good music, a supportive community and dancers who know how to properly have fun. This represents all members regardless of age, gender, physique, ethnicity and appearance, where socialising and being equal is integral part of who we are. With COLONY classes and events we bring people together and provide a platform for expressing those true and humane values.
We crafted our Code of Conduct to carry out our vision acknowledging that we all have a responsibility to build a safe environment and contribute to the well-being of the whole community. Therefore the following code guides our actions at any time or occurrence:
- We are NICE to everyone and treat all people with respect. We do not harass anyone. We do not discriminate according to sex, gender expression or sexual orientation, nor race, religion, or nationality. We treat everyone equally, regardless of age, ability, physical appearance, lifestyle, dance experience or role.
- We are INCLUSIVE and invite others to dance, and we are gracious if turned down. We may say no without giving a reason, but are polite when doing so and if we promise to dance later on, we honour that promise.
- We are RESPONSIBLE for our own physical safety and that of others nearby. We practice safe floor-craft and say sorry if we accidentally bump another person. We do not offer unsolicited advice or instruction, nor perform aerials on the social floor, except in jam circles. If we consume alcohol, we do so responsibly, and if we are drunk enough to pose a risk to ourselves or others, we leave the dance floor and retire to the bar.
- We are RESPECTFUL and acknowledge that the personal boundaries of others may not be the same as our own. We are mindful of the appropriateness of behaviour or actions that some may find offensive.
- We UNDERSTAND that following the above guidelines ensures a better experience for everyone and that participating in any kind of verbal, physical or sexual abuse will have consequences.
- We PROMISE to treat any reports made with sensitivity and to keep all details as confidential as is possible.
The guidelines above apply to EVERYONE attending COLONY events and classes, including members of staff, teachers and participants.
We encourage anyone who has experienced or witnessed intimidating or inappropriate behaviour to tell COLONY staff. We are available for discussion and reassurance – please do tell us about your concerns, even small ones – we’re here for you.
Let’s have a great time dancing and creating!